Tune Up Your Work-Out in 9 minutes with 125 moves.
Everyone loves that ‘after workout’ soreness.
That harmless kind of discomfort you get when you’ve done something different, mixed up the tempo, changed the weight, or rocked your routine upside down.
It’s uncomfortable enough to remind you through simple daily tasks, like tying your shoes, that you earned that feeling.
It’s called DOMS. Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. It shows up 12-72 hours after a workout that includes the above parameters.
Changing your movement program, thus how your body responds to the stimulus given, is how you get stronger, move functionally better, and ideally live as pain free as you can. It’s this change, the basic adaptation of your body and its integrating systems that lets us feel down to our very core the sore of change. Good change that is. If you’re forced to take ibuprofen, or miss work, or are really down and out from DOMS then you’ve pushed yourself foolishly over the edge.
Below is a mini-workout for you.
In total it’s 9 minutes. It includes a 90 second warm up and cool down. It is constant movement. No pauses, no rests. You don’t need to rest that’s the idea.
The meat of the movement is in this constancy of challenging your whole body to move the weights, hold onto yourself and produce smooth movements. You’ll teach your body strength, stability and coordination.
This mini workout is good for you if :
- you have limited time to workout
- space is a consideration. This requires a 5′ x 5′ space
- you want a ‘starter’ to more intense physical activity
- whole body fitness appeals to you. We isolate no one muscle. You’re bringing the whole choir.
- you just wanna workout without getting in your car to go to that big box, the gym.
Keep in mind these 3 points when doing any exercise/movement/physical activity program.
All 3 of these will enhance and assist the adaptive process.
- Warm up and do it dynamically to prepare your whole body to handle the activity.
- Once you get the gist of what you’re doing, keep your awareness light inside burning brightly. Give yourself your full attention.
- Don’t skip out on the cool down. Bring your body back to a state that it can comfortably continue normal activities.
Here’s the video which includes the above 3 points.
I’ve split it up into two.
I use a pair of 10 lb’ers but feel free to use any weight or none at all.
Enjoy and maybe you’ll get a good dose of DOMS!
p.s: here’s the page for the exercises to print out if you wish => HERE.