Rise To The Task
We’re a full week into the new year and through one full weekend. You’ve probably got a good marker on what’s got your attention, where the weak points are and how you’re fairing.
So if you’ve got a struggle can I give you one thing to hone in on?
Think about this one sentence and how you can implement it every day into your living:
How can you rise above that which has been holding you down for quite some time?
Every year we seem to want to shake our etch-a-sketch board clean and start completely new. Often times that includes 3 or more changes we want to make.
But I’m challenging you to => Pick one thing.
And no matter what, do it.
Every day can you put forth real, expressive, worthwhile effort into this?
For some folks it could be:
- fear of looking for a new job
- quitting your Friday tennis league because it’s no longer fun
- perhaps procrastinating cleaning your cluttered closet because it’s such a daunting task
- maybe it’s the habitual way your car automatically turns into the local Wendy’s three times a week
- even starting your walking program even though it’s less than optimal weather
- it can be as simple as carving out time for YOU in a quiet space.
What is it that is holding you down?
If you can recognize the significance of it in your life, and it is meaningful enough to do something about then it’s time to stop fooling yourself and making excuses.
Unbuckle the ties that are holding you down and back.
You’ll feel so free when you begin to loosen that unnecessary grip of a very controllable circumstance.
You really are blessed with the power to make the change.
So, GO forth!
Peace & Happiness for 2013…Stay the Course!