It’s a Wrap!
Easy, Quick, and Healthy.
How’s that for a recipe share?
Wanted to pass along a recipe today of one of my favorite new ‘go-to’ meals.
You see I get on this kick sometimes when something is good, and really good for you that I find myself having to wear it out before I’ll make a new thing. So before I wear this wonder out, let me pass it along to you.
It’s from the New York Times bestseller, The Engine 2 Diet.
See what you think.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms ½ can of corn, rinsed and drained (about 6 ounces)
- 8 ounces red bell pepper hummus (or 1 cup homemade)
- 2 large whole grain wraps
- ½ can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 roasted poblano pepper, cut into strips
- ½ package fresh spinach (about 5 ounces)
Preheat oven to 450º. Saute the onion until translucent. Add the bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and corn. Spread a layer of hummus on the wrap. Add the sautéed vegetables beans, poblano strips, and fresh spinach. Roll into a burrito. Place on a baking sheet, seam side down, and bake for 8-10 minutes. Serve the wrap warm, and top with Guacamole and Salsa.
Substitute one small can of drained green chillies for the fresh poblano pepper. From THE ENGINE 2 DIET by Rip Esselstyn. Copyright (c) 2009 by Rip Esselstyn.